Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A tent city?! A PINK tent city :)

So I've got to get better about posting more regularly....ahh one of the many balls to juggle in life (and we don't even have kids yet!). So I walked my first mile today since injuring my ankle and so far so good....don't have to start the crazy training for another 4-6 weeks so hopefully by then I'll be back to full speed.

Now on to the good stuff - more about the 3 Day. So we've got the gist of the event, but one really important detail to capture the essence of the 3 Day is our tent city! Below is a picture, courtesy of one of our fellow lunch crewers (Debbie!), which shows that I literally mean it when I say a tent city!
For those of us who like camping, the tent city is a nice change of pace from the everyday life of air conditioning, tv, and chi straighteners However, I'm sure there are those out there who don't share my enthusiasm, and really don't look forward to camping out with 3,000 of their closest friends. Luckily for the walkers the tent angels (usually local boy scouts or high schoolers) are there to help set up their tents (or sometimes get them set up completely before they get back to camp). It's not like they are hard to set up, but I'm sure the last thing I'm going to want to do after walking 20 miles my first day is to come to camp and set up a tent. So at this point you may be asking yourself, wow! that's a lot of pink tents, how do you find yours? Luckily for the mama SMR/SC tent we have a HUGE Longhorn flag that we tie to the top of our tent! It makes it much easier to find when you're walking back to your tent at 5:30 in the morning after breakfast and still half asleep.

So there you have it - now you know that signing up for the 3 Day comes along with a  free camping trip!

Too inspired to be tired,

No comments:

Post a Comment